Epilogue Epilogue

The only bothersome thing is how it's one tone/instrument for pretty much the entire thing, if that's the case, the instrument you pick must have more character, ie airy sax, bright piano, vibes with harder mallets.

[OS] Stephanie [OS] Stephanie

I don't like the phrasing/rubato in this song, pace it over longer phrases and I think this could be really good

ObsidianSnow responds:

Thanks for the review!

MR! - Skyward MR! - Skyward

You strum too hard and fast on the chords.The solo lacks style/feeling, great notes/rhythm, but it gets boring with the lack of musicality and somewhat poor transitions. I like the chords, but overall, this is kind of lazy.

The Fall of Heroic Dreams The Fall of Heroic Dreams

Dude, this is quality. I don't really care for the voice, the words are great though, could use more age, and less tensions, but the music is what really matters, and I love this intro. Some cliches with percussion. Sounds like an extremely good VGST, mostly because it has the feel of a theatrical trailer ST, constantly moving and full of dramatic lines. Instrumentation is flawless, the parts grow boring around 3:00, could do more with the music. That voice kills the feeling around 3:10... This gets really good though. Its truly amazing how you wove all of this together.

From Ashes From Ashes

I like this, it is not a typical classical at all, really good orchestration. This flows fantastically. Could you have added winds earlier on, I think this piece would border perfection. I wish my speakers could handle the volume also :/ I bet this occurs for many, so maybe start softer? I feel as if more could be happening around 2:15, gets almost repetitive. This is really good music though. I like it. Nothing bad in here.

Zajed responds:

Thanks man i said its finished the more i listen to it the more ideas are poppin up so i might add and change a few things in there. I do agree this piece needs a flute or some similiar instruments and i also could ad a second build up along with the piano at the end.
Thanks for listening i really appreciate it

Rise - Unused Eden Score Rise - Unused Eden Score

I'm sorry your music has been so overlooked, you are one of the few skilled composers I see on newgrounds, with practice, you could be one of the best. Bells overpower at 1:00. Not enough mids or bass at 1:25, good transition at 1:30. More mids throughout. I really don't like the drums at 1:57, but thats just me...Don't like whatever that is around 2:18, violin? doesn't fit the lower tones. Abrupt ending, could've been better given your setup/intro.

Fight For Hope-Kleptoid Fight For Hope-Kleptoid

I really like your intro, could use a different synth for the tones at :40-1:10. Cliched around 1:20. Not sure how I feel about vibes as solo, maybe something like oboe? Odd style shift at 2:02, not bad. Most of this is really good, its your transitions that need the most work, you tie in the opener pretty well, could even use more of that to unify the piece, not just beginning and end. Your beginning and end really stand out though, awesome music.

Bosa Piano Intro Bosa Piano Intro

Instead of a violin solo @:40, might I recommend a cello or bass solo, same notes, just better octave imo

Bosa responds:

A bass solo?

Hey Jude Hey Jude

good musicality, but your vibrato is annoying, its not meant for clarinet or bass clarinet, so don't do it unless you are expert. It ruins your release, you play too loosely at times. Your bridge notes are strained, as are high notes. Play every note from low E one at a time, and with each low note, hold out for 4 beats (at least) at 60bpm, and add register key to the note for same duration. Focus on maintaining a constant air speed. I think you need to lower your ligature, and possibly reed. Reed should be just visible from other side of mouthpiece, and top of ligature should be in line with the line on the reed. Make sure the part of your mouth on the reed with the most pressure is where the reed leaves the mouthpiece. Think about playing straight down the reed to eliminate the unfocused sounds in this piece.

Calm Summer Trees Calm Summer Trees

Love the intro, don't care so much for the hi-hat. Generally too much treble in percussion. This is very good though.

ArcaneSoul responds:

honestly i have a hard time picking good hi hats. I don't really know thta many good ones. Plus, i might of add waaay too much high frequencys. So forgive me for that.

I tend to like alot of hi hat percussion because it adds variation to my song. But your right, as im hearing it right now, i did kind of do a lazy job on the hi-hats. Then again this was just recover from my artblock so i wasn't expecting anything too special.